Mālama I Ke Ola is now offering telehealth visits to see your primary care, pediatric, OB/GYN, and behavioral health providers.
If you have a scheduled telehealth appointment, click below to get started:
What is telehealth? How does it work?
Telehealth means using of audio and video technology to provide real-time health care to patients. Telehealth allows you to see your provider without having to physically come to the office.
What do I need for a telehealth appointment?
A telehealth appointment requires the following:
- A smartphone, tablet, or computer that has a camera, a microphone, and an internet browser such as Google Chrome (if using Android phones or tablets), Firefox, or Safari (if using iPhone or iPad).
- A quiet, private place where your provider can clearly see and talk to you. If you’re in a noisy, dark, or public place we may need to reschedule your appointment to a different time.
- Wifi or a fast internet connection. We recommend not using your cellular data if you’re on a limited data plan.
- You can run a precall test to make sure you can connect as well.
How do I check-in for a telehealth appointment?
To check-in for your appointment:
- Click the box at the top of the page that says “Start a telehealth call with Mālama I Ke Ola” or go to https://ccm.doxy.me.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the provider you’re scheduled to see to enter their virtual waiting room.
- Enter your first and last name and click “Check In”. You may have to give permission to your browser to access your camera and microphone the first time.
- There may be a wait between when you check-in and when your provider is ready for you, so please be patient. When your provider is ready to see you, they’ll start the visit.
For more in-depth instructions and a helpful video, check out the Doxy.me check-in guide.
Which of my providers can I see using telehealth?
All of our departments have telehealth appointments available: adult primary care, pediatrics, OB/GYN, and behavioral health. Most of our providers are able to see you via telehealth.
Can any of my appointments be telehealth?
There are some appointments that require you to be physically in the office, but many appointments can be changed to telehealth. If you’d like a telehealth appointment, call us and ask if you can be seen via telehealth instead of an office appointment.
Do I need an app or a special program for telehealth appointments?
No. Our telehealth service, Doxy.me, doesn’t require any special app or plug in, or even to register for an account. You just need a smartphone, tablet, or computer that has a camera, a microphone, and an internet browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, or Safari). Instructions on how to connect to your telehealth appointment are available here.
Are my telehealth appointments less private? Can someone hack into my appointment?
No. Telehealth appointments are highly encrypted and secure, meaning no one but you and your provider can access it. All information discussed is protected under the same HIPAA confidentiality laws and policies as an in-person appointment, and no information is stored on the Doxy.me website. Your health information is completely secure.
What are the differences between an appointment via telehealth and one at the clinic?
In order to receive a telehealth visit, we will need to review our telehealth informed consent with you before or at the first visit. We want to make sure you fully understand your responsibilities as a patient and our responsibilities as a provider before discussing your health information over telehealth.
What if I need help learning how to do a telehealth appointment?
We will contact you about doing a test call before your appointment so you’re familiar with the process. You can also watch a video on how to log in to the waiting room on the day of your appointment. If you need additional help, let us know and we can help walk you through the process until you feel comfortable.
I’m having trouble getting my camera or microphone to work, or I’m getting an error message. What should I do?
If you’re having trouble getting connected to your Doxy.me appointment, check the Doxy.me troubleshooting guide or email email@example.com. If you still experience problems, let us know and we can also try to help.
To schedule a telehealth appointment, please call:
- Adult Medicine (808) 872-4070
- Pediatrics (808) 872-4089
- OB/GYN (808) 872-4009
- Integrated Health (808) 872-4068